Friday, May 27, 2005

shake 'em on down

we are going to see the north mississippi allstars tomorrow in tahoe, (bringin' that 'manic cotton field psychedelia' to the high sierras!), and we can't wait. they are the best blues band in the world right now, rocking like no one else does anymore.
my sis in new orleans turned me onto the allstars, has seen these guys numerous times and always calls me from front of stage to show off. well, catch-back is a bitch. . .
i did a post on the allstars in april, so i'll just leave a few more dittys to give an idea of why we can't wait for this show . . .

mp3s:(via yousendit)
51 phantom
goin' down south
drinkin' muddy water

videos from an in-store show 11/11/04 (at twist and shout records denver co)
(buy the allstars!)

3 comments:

Donald said...

Interesting guys in the picture. The one on the far right makes me think of Black Francis of the Pixies for some reason or other.

Laurie said...

They sound like something I would LOVE! I'll have to check them out.

sleepybomb said...

find the first 2 cds, they are the best blues albums in the last twenty years. the third, polaris is a bit poppier, tho it has it's points.